Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wow! been a while

It's been quite some time since I've had the opportunity to blog, or had something I considered to be "blogworthy."  I guess I'm much more comfortable with the micro-blogging of twitter and facebook, but will try to contribute more here.
Well it's a new year and like so many others, I reflect on the past year and see where I came up lacking and what I want to change. 
1. I am going to try to cut out soda completly.  Water is a much more natural, healthy alternative and it doesn't have the unpleasant side effect of taking away your teeth and adding insulation to your middle.
2. Do some kind of stretch/workout for 30min, 4 days a week.  This is a minimum.  I'm tired of being sore in a bad way.
3. Become more selfless.  For the longest time I've felt that if i don't look out for my needs, no one will.  I must begin to trust in others that if I help them find enjoyment they will reciprocate.
4. Become financially healthy.  Found a great debt free plan on my wife's blog about how to attack debt.  Something about snowball and paying off smaller debts so you don't have to contend w/ monthly payments.  i'll post a link when i find one.

I have made lots of progress on being less materialistic I feel.  I have tried to trim down on my "OOOO I GOTTA have that" feelings and been content with what I have.  I've really started to enjoy my little 2 min meditation sessions (before the kids smack me with foam swords or bombard me with snack requests).  And I've come to the conclusion that even though my goal to become financially healthy is a priority, it's not something to get UBER stressed about.  I can't make money appear out of thin air, so there is no purpose getting my knickers in a knot!

Here's to 2010, I hope it's peaceful and enlightening

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...