Tuesday, September 14, 2010

doppelgangers

I was watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother (a current favorite of mine) and they said something that really made me think and appreciate my life.  To give a little background they circle of friends are convinced that each of them have a doppelganger out there and they had found four of the five.  They spent a good part of the episode talking about doppelgangers and Ted said something to the effect that we are all our own doppelganger.  Would you recognized yourself from 5 years ago? 10 years?  To think how far I've come in just 6 short years amazes me sometimes.  Had a child (two with one more on the way) bought and sold a few cars, bought a house, bought my first thoroughbred dog only to find out she was crazy and destructive and had to be re-homed to a place with more space.  Seems amazing to me, and also my 10 year high school reunion was this past summer (couldn't attend) but I can't even imagine all the changes that have occured in that time span.  I think everyone wrote letters to future selves either in school or at one time or another about what we are doing or what we hope we are doing in some prescribed number of years.  I know I didn't see myself whre I am now back then, but I am glad I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...