Thursday, September 9, 2010

So much to learn

I love being able to spend time with my little ones while they are small and learning.  I was reminded today that we can learn from children too.  I took my youngest to the park to kill some time while mommy was at the doctor's for a Miss M. check up and it was great to have some one on one time with her.  The world must look so different when you are three feet tall, she notices so much more than I do.  I think a lot of that is also that she lives in the moment like I wish I could.  So often I get preoccupied about what's coming up.  "What's for dinner?  What do I need to get at the grocery today?  I must remember to do the cat litter and get the garbage out because tomorrow is garbage day.  What are you doing sweetie?"  She is crouched down looking at a pretty little purple (her favorite color) flower poking out of the sidewalk crack that I completly missed.  There is so much wonder and magic that happens every minute that we miss because we are looking forward with anticipation or anxiety or backward with regret or longing.  Live a little more like a 3 year old, remember what it is to dream with your eyes open and smile with your whole heart.

 

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...